Technology Enablement Specialist at Safaricom Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Safaricom Kenya.
- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya – Safaricom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
The role will report to the Technology Enablement Lead. The role holder will provide lead functional support across Financial Systems contributing to the implementation of the Finance Digital Transformation Roadmap. He / She will also evaluate business processes across various integrated financial systems to inform on automation, digitization and process optimization.
- Drive efforts to continuously improve and optimize Finance processes and procedures through process analysis, re-engineering, design and follow-through for implementation.
- Manage a portfolio of finance projects as a Finance SME by working with cross-functional teams to deliver for the Finance organization.
- Lead in delivery of Finance Transformation road map projects.
- Manage expansion of ERP footprint across operating units through set ups and configuration of the different modules to provide standard system and business processes across operating units.
- SME for systems related Functional support.
- Enhance the uniformity, accountability, and control of financial processes for the Group.
- Lead in business cases development for implementations where partnership for successful project delivery is required.
- Drive delivery of strategy in the Digital Finance Roadmap by steering projects and ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, standardization of implementations and seamlessly integrating Oracle EBS with multiple dissimilar standalone systems.
- Represent Finance in key projects and ensure financial requirements are met across financial systems.
- Recommend based on analysis the incorporation of new and smart digitization technologies such as RPA, NLP and Machine Learning in the processes supported.
- Organize regular and relevant training for staff during the implementation of the various financial system improvements.
- Through Global benchmarking, drive attainment of world class Group Finance Operations.
- Realize efficiency, productivity gains and cost savings by streamlining financial procedures, eliminating waste and doing more with less.
- University degree from a recognized university. A Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting or other IT & business-related fields is mandatory.
- Professional qualification in accounting e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA or an equivalent is mandatory.
- Experience in managing projects is required. Project management certification is critical.
- Six Sigma Certification with Quality improvement and Lean Deployment background.
- 5-7 years relevant Financial Systems, Accounting, Financial Management in a busy environment
- Knowledgeable in RPA, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, SQL and/or experience in any scripting or programming language
- Knowledgeable in agile methodologies and ways of working
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation and project management skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with confidence and influence diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in working on project and project management certification is critical
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 January. 2023