Senior Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Economics at University of Nairobi.
The University of Nairobi, a body corporate established under the Universities Act 2012 of the laws of Kenya and the University of Nairobi Charter, is the pioneer institution of University education in Kenya and the region. The only institution of higher learning in Kenya for a long time, the University of Nairobi responded to the national, regional and Africa’s high level manpower training needs by developing and evolving strong, diversified academic programmes and specializations in basic sciences, applied sciences, technology, humanities, social sciences and the arts. Through module II (continuing education) programmes, invaluable opportunity has been opened to hundreds of Kenyans and non-Kenyans, on a paying basis, who meet university admission requirements, but who have not been able to access university education due to restricted intake into the regular programmes that is determined by limited resource allocation by Government.
- An applicant must be a holder an earned PhD degree or equivalent in Agricultural Economics or a related field from a university recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate with specialization in Agricultural Extension and Technology Transfer, Extension Teaching Approaches and Information Communications Management.
- He/she must also have a minimum of three (3) years university teaching experience at Lecturer or Research Fellow level OR a minimum of six (6) years of industry experience in the relevant field.
- The applicant must have supervised to completion a minimum of one (1) PhD and one (1) Masters student OR a minimum of three (3) Masters students.
- He/she must have a minimum of twenty four (24) publication points from peer reviewed journals with; a minimum of four (4) publications in refereed scholarly journals since last promotion; OR a minimum of two (2) publications in refereed scholarly journals and two (2) scholarly book chapters; OR a minimum of two (2) publications in refereed scholarly journals and two (2) peer reviewed working, discussion or occassional papers or two (2) published teaching/lecture modules since last promotion. He/she must have attracted research or development funds or educational resources as a Lecturer or Research Fellow since his/her last promotion.
- The applicant must also show evidence of community service. He/she must be registered with a relevant professional body, where applicable.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach and supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate students and undertake further research in his/her area of specialization and also participate in University, Faculty and Departmental activities.
Method of Application
Submit your CV giving details of their qualifications, experience and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts, copies of relevant documents and Application letters to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 9 September. 2022