Senior Finance Officer Job – Financial Planning & Analysis at Busara Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Busara Center.
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is an advisory and research organization focused on evaluation and implementation of behavioral interventions in understudied countries and populations.
Financial planning, analysis and forecasting
- Conduct analysis for organizational and project level budgets and financial plans, including preparing and uploading final budgets into Netsuite.
- Track budget vs actuals at different levels, create relevant insights and share on YTD variance, including reviewing budget reallocations requests.
- Conduct analysis and provide advice to project leads on areas to check on project expenditures to improve project profitability, including providing analysis on projected project performance and forecasts.
- Conduct analysis and regularly provide high-quality data and analysis to senior management to inform organizational development and strategy
- Regularly prepare and adjust financial projections (i.e., weekly, monthly, annually)
- Develop cash flow forecasts and regularly update them based on actuals to inform how Busara utilizes its funds on a daily basis.
- Assess investment opportunities for excess cash and advise senior management on the best opportunities.
- Provide research and advice to the finance team on securing short and long term credit options for the organization.
- Advise the leadership team on availability of budget for OpEx and CapEx items
Cash, liquidity, payables and treasury management
- Approve payment requests within Busaras system.
- Minimize idle cash to avert liquidity challenges.
- Manage Accounts payable including ensuring that AP balances and ageing in Netsuite are complete and accurate and can be relied upon for decision making at any given time.
- Sensitize and proactively communicate to staff on payment process and planning, AP timelines and expected challenges and delays.
- Proactively review service provider and vendor relationships and work cross-departmentally to ensure Busara is negotiating to maximize value as well as managing supplier and consultant relationships.
- Identify financial and treasury risks early and develop and implement mitigation strategies.
- A degree in business, economics, finance. or a related field
- Fully qualified ACCA/CPA
- Deep knowledge of standard accounting principles (GAAP, IFRS, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing a team
- Advanced working knowledge of NetSuite accounting software (or extensive experience with a similar system)
- Financial modeling and cash forecasting experience
- Strong experience in financial analysis and building projections, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (with the ability to work with lookups, pivot tables and dashboards)
- Ability to effectively communicate and project financial policies to other staff, as well as excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to aggressively anticipate workload and issues, in order to prioritize team workflow and deliverables
- Positive working attitude, with a focus on results
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity of accounting information
- Self-motivated, with a desire for continual learning
- 4+ years of experience in an FP&A role, part of which should be within a multi-national firm is desirable and shall be a distinct advantage