Nutrition Lead at International Fertilizer Development Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Fertilizer Development Center.
We provide solutions to alleviate global hunger and poverty through the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency.
- Coordinate the implementation of nutrition status surveys and disseminate findings to relevant stakeholders
- Develop nutrition strategy for the project
- Design and adapt nutrition training materials for different audiences including farmer groups, households and subsistence and market-oriented farmers.
- Design and adapt nutrition social behavior change communication materials to locally specific context
- Ensure integration of nutrition approaches with household visioning and planning exercise and climate smart agricultural training program on promoting crop diversification and nutritional values.
- Link with existing nutrition structures at sub county and district level to ensure coordination and maximum outreach of activities.
- Create synergies with other nutrition programs/projects including DIETS to ensure maximum impact of activities and better awareness of and access to nutrition services within the project areas.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Act in accordance with and defend the best interests of IFDC
- People management skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet tight deadlines with quality output.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Consistently maintains focus and perseveres in the face of obstacles, inspiring others to do the same.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
- Anticipates key issues in work and identify creative and practical solutions.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in opertionalization of administrative and finance tasks.
- Honours all commitments made to colleagues and partners.
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, be open-minded and seek to understand
- Master degree in nutrition, food science, household economics or related fields
- At least 5 years professional experience in implementing projects in the nutrition sector with a focus on: early childhood nutrition, promotion and inclusion of enhanced household nutrition and dietary diversity
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading the development and implementation of nutrition strategies to improve dietary diversity and household resilience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with a good working knowledge of the second language.
- Good planning skills, honest and reliable.