Medical Officer Job – 10 Positions at Turkana County Government… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Turkana County Government.
Turkana is the 2nd largest county in Kenya 77,000 sq.km. It is also the north-western most county in Kenya and is known mostly for its scenic landscapes and rich culture.
Requirements and competencies for appointment: –
- Holder of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or Equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Must have successfully completed one-year internship;
- Registered and with current practice licenses as issued by the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists Board(KMP&DB);
- Experienced in basic surgical procedures;
- In depth understanding of management of common medical conditions;
- Must have good interpersonal and Communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Management of patients in the outpatient, accident and emergency department and in patient wards using current guidelines and protocols;
- Responsible for daily clinical assessments and prescriptions of treatment to all patients attending the hospital;
- With support from the relevant Specialist, ensures running of scheduled Medical, Obstetrical& Gynaecologic, Paediatric and Surgical clinics in the hospital;
- Giving relevant Health education information including explanation of tests and management options and procedures to patients;
- Carry out lifesaving emergency and elective surgical procedures in the hospital;
- Identification, co-ordination of referral of medical and surgical patients for further management and related support;
- Support in the preparedness and response to Surgical and medical emergencies, including support to outbreak emergency response in the county as may be necessary.
- Co-coordinating and ensuring medical teams in the department posted to; receive regular updated and timely continuous medical updates;
- Undertake medical examinations to certify physical fitness of clients
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
Application Deadline: 23rd January 2023.