Lab Technologist Job at AIC Health Ministries… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at AIC Health Ministries.
Africa Inland Church was established in 1895. It is registered in Kenya as a society. AIC Health Ministries as a department of Africa Inland Church is responsible for the Health programmes within the Africa Inland Church .AICHM is a unique department in the Kenya Africa Inland Church that seeks to provide a mix of spiritual care and quality health care services to areas that are considered rural and remote in Kenya.
- Perform laboratory investigations – specimen collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and dispatching of results.
- Prepare solutions, reagents, and stains in accordance with standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Offer general and diagnostic and other laboratory services.
- Identify and solve problems affecting the quality of the laboratory.
- Ensure clients’ secrecy and confidentiality.
- Maintain a safe working environment as well as the quality of equipment.
- Carry out monthly physical inventory to ensure sufficient stock and ensure all materials, equipment, and consumables are available.
- Maintain and make minor adjustments to equipment such as Calibration and alignment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the respective laboratory.
- Work and collaborate with staff in all departments, particularly the clinical staff and the MLT on the ground on the sample collections and other procedures.
- Compile and analyse data for preparation weekly, monthly/annually ensuring all reporting deadlines are met.
- Perform any reasonable work-related duties as may be assigned by the management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with and experience in implementing local and national laboratory quality assurance systems; laboratory capacity building, monitoring, and supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- To assist in developing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation systems of Early Infant Diagnosis.
Academic Qualifications and Competence:
- A Diploma or Degree from accredited institutions by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Licensed Laboratory Technologist and pose valid practicing license
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a busy environment, particularly in the diagnosis and treatment monitoring of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, and TB/HIV.
- HCT an added advantage
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 23rd January 2023.