Infrastructure Operations Engineer Job at Safaricom Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Safaricom Kenya.
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
- Working in an agile environment and utilizing relevant tools such as Jira & Confluence.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of servers based on Windows, UNIX/Linux and Virtualization which includes quick response, problem resolution and escalation of issues.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Analysis of server/storage hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and patching.
- Collaborating with the team and various stakeholders to identify technical problems, design solutions for them and help implement where required. This involves collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff
- Operations of backup tools, respective hardware and software assurance and testing of disk and data recovery. In case of issues offer prompt restoration of lost data for the business.
- Remediation of Security, Compliance and Audit Issues within the Core Infrastructure
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Redhat virtualization.
- 4+ Years’ Experience as Systems administrator, Network administrator or analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux server environment
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and UNIX/Linux enterprise hardware and storage.
- Experience in enterprise SAN/NAS storage and SAN Directors management.
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Attention to details and analytical thinking
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Certification in any of the following Systems and Network or related trainings is an added advantage
- SAN Storage Certification
- Cloud Technology Associate
- Cloud Administrator
- Cloud Security & Governance
- Certified in Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)