HSE Coordinator Job – High-Value Projects at Unity Homes… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Unity Homes.
Unity Homes is a Kenyan-based real estate development company. Our aim is to create happy, beautiful communities, by providing professionals and their families with affordable, investments grade and high quality homes. Our current project is,Unity West, a residential estate in Tatu City, Nairobi. The low rise estate of 384 houses, is currently under construction.
- To monitor and supervise the implementation of UHK policies and procedures on all high value projects field operations sites for and related activities or as required.
- To provide advice, support and training in the development and implementation of operational safety plans and procedures in compliance with ISO 9001:2015.
- This includes a functional HSE authority/oversight over all activities in the area of responsibilities.
Job Specifications :
- Implement of UHK HSE Procedures and Safety Rules in high value operations.
- Provide safety advice and support in relation to the development, implementation and monitoring of HSE plans and procedures;
- Undertake prescribed assurance activities
- Advise on issues of compliance to UHK HSE policies, local regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Implement risk management procedures in respective operations, monitor PTW, JSA and support in maintaining risk registers.
- Conduct incident investigations and prepare S.M.A.R.T corrective actions, ensuring implementation within stipulated time frame.
- Active monitoring and periodic reporting on HSE activities and HSE performance indicators.
- Ensure effective emergency response at the work site(s)
- Proactive contractor and vendor/s management
- Provide EHS functional skills coaching to Field HSE . associate Coordinators
Job Qualifications :
- Proven experience of managing HSE in Proven experience of managing HSE in oil and gas or construction for at least 5 years
- Knowledge of Identification & Control measures of construction risks/hazards
- Can deliver basic HSE training.
- Computer literate and familiar with incident reporting and action tracking
- Demonstrable incident investigation training and experience.
- Identification & Control measures of risks/hazards in construction sites – Lifting operations, working at height,PTW systems, Chemicals, PPE, ER systems/equipment, Fire Protection, Office safety procedures, Welding safety, Vehicle and plant safety etc
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent as a minimum.
- Evidence of ongoing EHS professional development.
- ISO Certification