Communications Intern at Terre des hommes… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Terre des hommes.
- Provide support in the implementation of communications plans for the East Africa region and Madagascar.
- Provide support in the implementation of communication activities and campaigns to raise awareness of the organisation’s work, projects and programmes to various local, regional and international audiences.
- Develop, schedule and publish monthly content (visuals and compelling captions) for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to raise TdH NL’s visibility online.
- Prepare monthly newsletters to showcase Terre des Hommes Netherlands’s work in the countries and in the region.
- Maintain and update content on the Terre des Hommes Netherlands website.
- Write and publish high-quality case stories to be used for internal and external communication purposes.
- Produce high quality communication and profiling materials for the region, such as one-pager fact sheets, profiles, annual reports.
- Assist in supporting the country teams with their communication needs, such as reviewing Information, Education and Communication materials, reviewing stories/reports, reviewing videos/documentaries, posting content on online channels etc, in line with TdH NL’s branding guidelines.
- Conduct media monitoring activities and coordinate with regional and country media contacts for publicity & visibility in various channels which include TV, radio & print.
- Conduct research on various topics and emerging trends relevant to our work.
- Provide communication support to country teams during physical and virtual events
- Provide marketing and communication support to the country teams during field visits
- Share monthly progress reports and submit specific quarterly social media reports required by different donors
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience;
- A recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or multimedia.
- Experience in social media and web content management (including working with content management software).
- Experience in writing and editing various communication products for various audiences, knowledge of graphic design (experience with Canva or Adobe) and experience with various platforms (Google Analytics, Buffer, Meltwater, Google Ad words, Tweetdeck, Mailchimp).
- Computer literacy: well conversant with working in the Google Cloud and its applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc), including basic skills in working with photo and video editing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in fluent English.
- Good command of French will be an added asset.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th October 2022.