Chairperson Job, Audit Committee at Teachers Service Commission… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Teachers Service Commission.
- Provide leadership to the audit Committee of the Commission.
- Provide oversight on Governance, Risk management and Control processes at the Commission and make appropriate recommendations.
- Report to the Commission on activities and decisions made by the Audit Committee.
- Examine Internal and external Audit reports and recommendations after management response to ensure action is taken.
- Periodically arrange for review of the effectiveness and performance appraisal of the Audit Committee and the Internal Audit function.
- Setting the agenda for each meeting with the committee members.
- Drive the assessment of the performance of the Head of the Commission’s Internal Audit.
- Perform an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Commission’s performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
- Ensure the Commission effectively monitors compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour
Requirements for appointment
For appointment, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or related field from a University recognized in Kenya. A master’s degree and/or a post graduate professional qualification in the relevant area and a certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage.
- Be Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Be a member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in good standing.
- Have at least 12 years’ experience at a senior level in the private or public sector.
- Have Board experience from at least one institution.
- Excellent working knowledge of an audit committee‘s functions and risk management frameworks;
- Must not be a present or past employee or an agent of the Commission in the past two years.
- Demonstrate independence in the performance of the duties.
- Have a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and regulations thereto.
- Not a holder of a political office.
- Must be compliant with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 31st January 2023.