Call for Proposals: Community Initiatives at Search for Common Ground… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Search for Common Ground.
OUR MISSION End violent conflict. It’s our purpose — our call to action. Instead of tearing down an existing world, we focus on constructing a new one. We do this through a type of peacebuilding called conflict transformation. Meaning: we look to change the everyday interactions between groups of people in conflict, so they can work together to build up their community, choosing joint problem-solving over violence.
List of possible activities to be conducted (not exhaustive):
- Ad-hoc mediation.
- Trauma healing and reconciliation interventions
- Community Events or Dialogues.
- Initiatives to promote cohesion and peaceful coexistence.
- Promoting the sharing of information and debunking misinformation and false narratives.
- Activities to be implemented between February and April 2023
- Alignment with the objectives of the call for proposals. Priority consideration will be given to proposals which entail collaboration among actors across dividing lines of conflicts.
- Clarity, feasibility, and practicality of the proposal regarding its objectives and deliverables.
- Gender sensitivity and inclusion: Search will pay specific attention to ensuring a gender balance in terms of the content producers and audience targeted by the proposed content/deliverables.
- Be a legally registered entity in Kenya, with operations or audience (if media) in either Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi, Tana River, Lamu or Garissa.
- Budget proposal within the range announced in this call for proposals.
- Search will fund proposals between Ksh 150,000 to Ksh 500,000.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Submit 1-2 pages proposal detailing: (1) the problem; (2) the objective of the response initiative; (3) the target groups and reach of the initiative; (4) the proposed activity/ies and their timing; and (5) the capacity of the organization to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.