Business Governance and Operations Lead at Safaricom Kenya.
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy of Business Governance and Operations Lead within the Channels & Distribution Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head Route to Customer, the position holder will be responsible for tracking business results, performing cost-benefit analyses and monitoring key OKRs
- Identify areas of efficiency across all business procedures
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise
- Oversee processes that meet business objectives and ensure compliance
- Monitor financial data vis a vis performance and recommend solutions that will improve performance
- Manage data collection for updating operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, and deliver excellent customer service
- Spearhead audits, and ensure implementation of the recommended audit actions
- Provide advisory support management on designing, implementing and enhancing business controls
- Facilitate the flow of information to the Regions on key actions that can be taken to uplift performance
- Provide business insights to address key issues in trade affect delivery of key OKRs
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems
- Coach, guide and lead the Business Governance and Operations team
- Ensure that the team delivers business expectations and that the team is fully motivated, engaged and energized
- At least +6 years management of sales experience in a fast-paced organization
- Strong general and financial management & operations
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA or CIMA)
- A proven track record in drawing on experience when making decisions and analyzing plans
- Proven ability to lead audits and implement Governance structures.
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools such as IDEA, ACL.
- Experience in managing business operations.
- People management, with the demonstrated ability to motivate and grow high performing teams.
- Financial and account reporting experience
- Excellent reporting, communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 2 September. 2022